The One With Friendsfest 2018

Ok so anybody who knows me knows that I am a MASSIVE Friends fan! I watch it when I'm happy, I watch it when I'm sad, I watch it when I'm bored, pretty much at every opportunity! (Thank you Comedy Central!) I cry at the proposals, the babies being born and obviously the "We Were on A Break!" moment, and I laugh at every one of Chandler's jokes. I love "Mondler" (relationship goals!) and I was secretly rooting for Rachel and Joey, although I do love Rachel and Ross and I'm glad she got off the plane!

So I was ecstatic when Shaun surprised me with tickets to this year's Friendsfest a few weeks ago, it was especially thoughtful considering Shaun *whispers* is not a Friends fan!

We went to the one in Glasgow and it was, in the words of Ross, "just like I dreamed it!" There were places where you could recreate scenes from the show (including the famous "PIVOT!" scene!), and dress up with costumes and props for pictures. There was always a staff member on hand to take pictures with your phone which was a huge plus!!







They had a full-size Central Perk set where you could get your picture taken with Phoebe's guitar, behind the counter and of course on the famous sofa! You could even get your picture taken in Phoebe's grandmother's cab!







Food-wise there are a few different places (all Friends-themed of course!) but we'd already eaten so we weren't hungry enough to try anything!









They had clips of the show showing on a big screen with a couple of rows of deck chairs in front and some chairs with tables behind so you could relax with a drink and while we were there two members of the Comedy Central team came on stage to teach us how to do "the routine!"


Enjoying the sunshine

My only criticism is the fact that they have the cheek to charge £7.50 for a cocktail, which is usually more or less reasonable for this type of thing, however all you get is a small plastic cup (think water cooler cups) half filled with pre-made cocktail mix and the rest is all ice chips! Sooo disappointing and if I'd seen someone else get one before me I definitely wouldn't have bothered!


£7.50!!

Heehee, Vasa and Moostercard!


My absolute favourite thing though was the set tour. They have actual full-size sets of Monica, Ross and Joey's apartments where you can just wander around, take pictures and recreate your favourite scenes! There's also the infamous hallway between Monica's and Joey's! 

DANGERRRRRR!!!




Look what was in Monica's fridge!






Ross' apartment


While you're waiting for the tour to begin there are plenty of props from the show to look at, including Phoebe's guitar, Ross' "list" and the Uberweiss box, which I'm told is worth £4,000 today!


If you touch it, she'll have to pound on you a little bit!



Only local though, not international!

I wouldn't say it's an all day thing, we spent about 2 hours there but you can stay as long as you want and just hang out. What I loved about it though is that you know that everybody's there for the same reason and you have that one thing in common with everybody there and it makes for such a great atmosphere!

As always at these things, you "exit through the gift shop", and I was very impressed at the merchandise! £15 for a tshirt which I didn't think was too bad, a few different styles of mugs, umbrellas from the main credits, posters, magnets, keyrings, Friends Monopoly, Friends Trivial Pursuit, "Mockolate" and a "How YOU Doin'?" doormat! So there's something there for everyone.

I hope you enjoyed my little spontaneous post and if anybody has any questions feel free to comment below and I'll do my best to answer them!







No comments:

Post a Comment