He asked... I said yes!



Since I mentioned in the description that Shaun and I are engaged, I thought I would make my first post a bit personal and tell the story of how it happened. (Sick buckets at the ready!)

It happened back in December 2017, the 2nd to be exact. The day before, we had travelled to Paris because we were going to Disneyland for the weekend. We almost didn't make it because we were stuck in a traffic jam for hours but thankfully it was cleared and we made our flight in time! I was really looking forward to a long weekend away, and it was just going to be the two of us. Or so I thought... 😂

Surprise #1

We got to our hotel, the Radisson Blu, and Shaun went to check in, making sure I sat away from the front desk with the cases, which I thought was a bit odd at the time but it all makes sense now! 

All checked in, we went up to our room and it was then that Shaun told me he'd paid extra to upgrade us! What a lovely surprise 😊 Our room was lovely and they provided us with bathrobes and slippers so we could head down to the pool without having to use the changing rooms! So needless to say that was our first port of call! 



Surprise #2

After our dip we unpacked and headed into the Disney village for a wander and some food. Awesome place by the way! We got back about 9pm and I quite fancied going to the bar for a drink (which is something I never usually do!) but Shaun seemed a little reluctant and what I didn't realise at the time was he was trying to stall me! I'd mentioned to him that I needed more of those little milks you get for your teas & coffees (you never get enough in hotels do you?) so he fake-phoned reception to ask them to bring some up. ("We can't go down to the bar until they come up with the milk!") A short while later, my patience wearing thin, there was a knock at the door. I went to answer it but instead of a member of staff with some more milk, it was two of our best friends, Gillian and Jamie! Apparently they'd been planning it for weeks and I had no idea! t turns out that when Shaun was "upgrading" us, he'd actually told the receptionist what he had planned and that Gillian & Jamie were coming to surprise me so she upgraded us all for nothing so we'd be in rooms opposite each other!

Surprise #3

Saturday morning arrived and we headed into Disneyland. It was Gillian & Jamie's first time so we loved watching their reactions, they were so excited! Lunch time came and Shaun suggested we get photos outside the castle before we ate, so off we went. (I love how he knew me so well that he waited until lunch time to take the photos so I'd had plenty time to wake up properly, I am NOT a morning person!) We took Gillian & Jamie's photos first and then they took ours. We were standing posing and Shaun nudged me and pointed over to my left and said "look, there's Mickey!" 



Of course I looked round and when I looked back again he was down on one knee with the ring in his hand! I was so shocked and emotional I barely registered what he said, I burst into tears immediately and didn't stop for a good ten minutes!! He was pleased with my reaction but it certainly didn't make for attractive photos! 😂 (or an attractive video, scroll to the bottom to see that! 😂)







Radisson Blu were fantastic, our friends had told them what Shaun had planned and they left us a bottle of champagne in our room and made a lovely swan out of towels and left it on our bed!





And here's the video...





Have you got an exciting engagement story? Let me know in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. Aww xx wish I'd been there-Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I still can't believe you knew about it though! 😂

      Delete
  2. Brilliant Gillian - I love it - looking forward to reading more - From "Just in front and a little to your left"xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That video brought a tear to my eye. Simply beautiful. Congratulations

      Delete